Thursday, November 22, 2007

How My Husband Became My Wife and why I stayed

I'm a dog person. Angela is too - now. You see, David figured dogs were okay, but just okay. He'd pet them, but he regarded them as mine. There were three incidences involving dogs that actually showed me that the transition was the absolute correct choice:

Late October 1997, when David was cross-dressing frequently, I came home on a dark, rainy night and found an emaciated, deaf, old, ill English Cocker Spaniel in my back yard. I was dumbfounded that he had taken in this foundling.
November 1998, when David was cross dressing except when at work, we purchased a six-week-old Bichon puppy and dubbed her Kathryn the Great. She became totally involved with this dog, holding and playing with it frequently. The step between tenderly caring for Geri and total acceptance of Kathryn was remarkable.
Mid September 1999, Angela called from work to tell me she'd be late. I wonder, what’s up, because s/he always rushed home to change into Angela. More than an hour later, while I was stirring a pot of spaghetti sauce, s/he walked in, gave me a “hello” kiss, and walked on. Kathryn the Great followed, and then there was a tiny, little puff-of-white strutting along behind them.
“It followed me home, Mommy. Can I keep it?” Angela, although still dressed as David, said. It was then that I decided that David was like the Grinch – a changed person. The hormones weren't just changing him physically and emotionally. I could see that his heart had grown twice its size.

These incidences showed me that s/he was completely and totally a changed person. I was certain, then, that she should move on to become the woman she needed to be, including the surgery.

2 comments:

Morgan Cruise said...

Hi,

I just read your story about your mixed marriage and how you and your partner are making it work no matter what. You have a very unique story that I believe could be beneficial to others in similar situations. I am interning with Sirens Media, a media production company located in Silver Spring, MD that produces high quality television shows for the national television market.

I am currently assigned to a show entitled "Who the 'Bleep' Did I Marry?" Our premise for the show is to introduce audiences to topics that they would not normally hear about. Couples (divorced or married) will be able to share their experiences of secrets that either helped or destroyed their marriage. "Who the 'Bleep' Did I Marry?" will portray what took place and how the the individuals worked (or did not work) through their issues.

I ask that you share your story because you would be absolutely PERFECT for how situations such are yours can work and both parties be happy. As trying as your time may seem in your current situation, you will be able to give advice and insight into your unique experience and we will wholeheartedly accept your story.

For more information on the project I am working on please visit the site: http://whothebleep.weebly.com/ index.html, and for more information regards Sirens Media as a company please visit out website at http://www.sirensmedia.com

Please feel free to email me or contact my supervisor, Nichole, if you have any questions or concerns. Our information is below.

Thank you so much in advance for your time any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Morgan Venzant
Sirens Media Intern
mcvenzant@yahoo.com

Nichole Bardin (Supervisor)
Casting
Associate Producer
Phone: 301-920-9800 x873
Fax: 301-920-9880
nbardin@sirensmedia.com

romanaap said...

I really enjoyed reading about your unusual life. Part of my life came to an end last year, when my super-supportive wife died.
Since I am mildly autistic and was born without a gender identity, I am best described as a two-spirit person. I don't need any surgery or hormones, and my life as a transgendered woman is incident free.
Dating is not kind. I don’t have good social skills as a man, but women decline to meet me as a woman.

Romana