Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Best Things About Being Married to a Transsexual or I Always Wanted A Wife

I've noted several Best Things about being married to a T, but having a wife has got to be the best of all the bests. Angela pitches in as only a wife does. Yeah, guys pitch in for their friends, and sometimes they even help out around the house, but it's not the same as having a wife. Angela went from only doing the Grillin' on the Barby thing to doing whole meals while I worked - every day. She also cooked for company, and she did that more often than I did. Now that I've retired, we tend to switch off more often than not, but that's okay too. Another huge difference is the atmosphere in the kitchen. You know how it is when a guy is waiting for dinner to get done? Well, we don't have any of that. Angela and I actually have fun together in the kitchen. We are often purposefully bumping into one another so we can steal a kiss. We bump butts too although we are careful to note if one of us is cutting something first. We actually spend a good bit of time laughing when we are in the preparing a meal or cooking, and trust me, that never happened before. I usually make the salad now, and Angela usually cleans up after dinner. Otherwise, we pretty much share duties. I do the BBQ stuff as often as she does, and sometimes she has something she's watching on the coals while I tend to the veggies. So, we both have a wife, and that's a good thing, don't you think? What makes it a Best is that Angela also still knows how to do all the guy things. Our holiday lights are on timers, the oil in the car gets changed on time, tire pressure is checked regularly, and she knows how to talk to a mechanic about anything. So, I have the best of all worlds.

Here's the link to the SF Chronicle article:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/12/09/CMTUT436A.DTL

No comments: