Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Help!

It is so great to have help in the mornings. I don't mean the little stuff everyone does like pouring the other person a cup of coffee or tea. I mean the big stuff, like letting me sleep in every morning until 8. You see, Angela's a morning person, and I am NOT! The caps are justified, trust me on that. Left to my own desires, I'd likely be up til 2 a.m. and rise closer to 10, but reality does step in. I stay up til near midnight, read or write for an hour, and then go to bed. So, I generally get just under 8 hours of sleep. It fits my natural circadian rhythm. and that makes me a happier person in the morning. The baby usually arrives between 7:30 and 8 on the days we babysit (Tues, Wed and Friday). So, Angela keeps her occupied while I have my breakfast and time with the puppies. Breakfast also includes reading the paper, so it takes about 45 minutes to an hour. Because she gets up between 6:30 and 7, she accomplishes the same thing before the baby arrives. Anyway, there's nothing in the "rule book" that says she has to give up 45 minutes of her morning because I get up later than she does. She just does it because she's a great gal! There are lots of other things she does too, but some mornings, sleeping in til 8, and having the time to read the paper in peace mean more than I can say. It gives me time to really wake up, so that I can be a better grammie, and get more things done throughout the day. So, in short, here's another Best Thing About Being Married to a Transsexual. She loves all the morning time with the baby! Angela, as David, would have already been knee deep into a project, and not even in the area to help. Yes, he was a great father, but the gift of giving me the mornings to myself was not one of the things he did. So, I really appreciate Angela, and her motherly instincts all the more now.

No comments: